Lessons are offered for beginner to advanced riders. Beginners are started out with an emphasis on correct balance, and quiet, effective aids in addition to general horsemanship. New riders learn to safely handle, groom and prepare the horses for riding as a part of their lesson.
More advanced riders from all disciplines will benefit from instruction in correct rider biomechanics and classical training principles.
We take pride in providing quiet, well-schooled horses for our students to learn on. If you wish to practice between lessons, we offer horses for part-board as well. Please inquire as to availability.
Riding clinics with Carol are held bi-monthly on the premises and ship-ins are welcome. Carol is also available for external clinics and dismounted workshops.
- Learn the anatomy and biomechanics behind finding the correct rider position, and how it affects the horse.
- Learn the muscles that hold you in balance and how to activate them.
- Learn to sit symmetrically while gaining body awareness.
- Find “neutral spine” and appropriate core muscle tone for riding.
- Explore your technique in riding horses “on the aids,” "on the bit," and “in front of the leg”
1 hour private lesson: $50
1 hour semi-private lesson: $40
Auditors on clinic days: $15
Bring your horse or inquire about the availability of a safe, well-schooled mount.
Fall/Winter 2014 Dates:
October 18/19 2014
November 15/16 2014
December 27/28 2014
January 24/25 2015
February 21/22 2015
March 21/22 2015
April 26/26 2015
May 23/24 2015